I have a sore throat and a runny nose. What is the best way to naturally treat them?

Remedies. For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a strep throat test/ culture. If you have strep throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future complications. Consider tylenol (acetaminophen) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day.