I have si joint dysfunction. Am doing injections and pt for it. Is there a permanet way to get rid of the pain so a can stop taking narcartics for it?

Dr. Stevan Cordas
In brief: SI joint dysfunction
It depends on the cause.
Some cases are related to formed of arhthritis. Some are due to posture or trauma. You may wished to be checked by someone certified in prolotherapy. Look that up on the net and discuss it with your health provider.

In brief: SI joint dysfunction
It depends on the cause.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. David Bozak
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Maybe
Pt to work on pelvic stabilizing muscles will often work, and an injection can help with acute flares.
A more lasting solution that some pain docs are doing involves "burning" or ablating the nerves that supply the si joint.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. David Bozak
Dr. David Bozak
Dr. Tim Burd
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Potentially
There is the possibility of performing an si joint fusion when the pain is not responsive to conservative, non-operative measures.
I personally do not perform this procedure as there is limitied data to support it, ; however, there have been many anecdotal cases of good to excellent results.

In brief: Potentially
Dr. Tim Burd
Dr. Tim Burd
Dr. Vikram Patel