I have been diagnosed with a arachnoid cyst, what can I do besides surgery to live with this?

Dr. K.C. Brewington
Neurosurgery
In brief: Likely benign
Arachnoid cysts are congenital lesions and if you have made it into adulthood, it is unlikely to need any intervention .
If surgery is recommended, make sure to find out why as unless there are progressive neurological deficits directly attributable to the cyst, surgery is not indicated.

In brief: Likely benign
Dr. K.C. Brewington
Dr. K.C. Brewington
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Need more info
I have referred this to our experts in neurology.

In brief: Need more info
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery
In brief: Surg RARELY Needed
Arachnoid cysts are generally congenital (you are born with them) and rarely need surgery .
Only when they are enlarging or putting pressure on the brain or brain stem do they require surgical intervention.

In brief: Surg RARELY Needed
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery