Just had surgery on friday for my hernia and was told it was a big hernia, is it pose to be anything else but my testicles and fluids in my strotum?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Post-op Swelling

Following hernia surgery, it is normal and expected for your body to fill up the space where the hernia was with fluid.
If your hernia was in your scrotum, this can expand quite a bit early on, and the fluid will slowly be absorbed over the next few weeks. Furthermore, the testicle can swell if it's blood supply was compromised. Of course, it is very important to follow-up with your surgeon.

In brief: Post-op Swelling

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen

In brief: Hernia Surgery

If you had your hernia repair via the open approach or via the laparoscopic approach, approximately 10 to 15 % of patients will have swelling or bruising to the groin or other male/female parts.
The swelling and bruising will usually disappear within two to six weeks. Early hernia recurrences do occur, but infrequently. I hope you get better quickly, and follow up with your surgeon!:-).

In brief: Hernia Surgery

Dr. Gregory Ginn
Dr. Gregory Ginn
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery