My eye lid hurts to the touch and is swollen/red near the edge. What could it be? I don't have vision issues and it isn't crusty.

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Eyelid
You may be developing a sty.
A small eyelash abcsess. Soak it with hot compresses. Should be just a minor problem.

In brief: Eyelid
You may be developing a sty.
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Probably stye
If the lid is as you described, and is a little tender, it is probably a stye which is an acne like infection of a gland in the lid substance.
If you vision is fine, try applying very warm washcloths over the closed eye for 4 minutes at a time about 5 times per day for several days. This will usually cure it. If persistent see your ophthalmologist.

In brief: Probably stye
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger