Can nova cure be used to help treat lupus?

Cole Livingston
Emergency Medicine

In brief: No.

A novacure treatment is a newer technology used against certain types of cancers.
Lupus is not cancer; rather, it is an autoimmune disease where your immune system attacks normal cells and forms antibody complexes, which in turn cause a whole host of problems including rashes, pain, joint problems, and kidney failure. Treatment of lupus is targeted against the faulty immune system.

In brief: No.

Cole Livingston
Cole Livingston
Answer assisted by Cole Livingston, Medical Student
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Uncertain

It does not appear to be developed for lupus but for cancer.
I am uncertain if this is novocure you discussing. Novocure is using electric fields to treat tumors. It uses ttf therapy usng electric fields within the human body that disrupt the rapid cell division exhibited by cancer cells. It is tuned to one cell at a time. They claim low side effects by using their directed therapy.

In brief: Uncertain

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman