How can I prevent myself from depression?

Dr. Stephen Perret
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Lifestyle helps

It's debatable whether someone who has a high risk of depression can completely prevent it but there are things that would likely help.
Consider: regular exercise, healthy eating, connecting socially to family and friends, finding creative outlets e.g. Art, spirituality, and finding a rewarding job. An interesting, easy to read book on this may be the how of happiness by sonja lyubomirsky.

In brief: Lifestyle helps

Dr. Stephen Perret
Dr. Stephen Perret
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Can't prevent

You can't completely prevent depression, but you can get diagnosed early and initiate treatment to help relieve symptoms and promote improvement.
If there is concern, seek a counselor or psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment planning.

In brief: Can't prevent

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Eric Weisman