About 15-30mins after I brush my teeth & use mouth wash, I get for a lack of a better term a type of film in my mouth. What causes it?

Pathology

In brief: Probably alcohol

Many mouth washes have alcohol in them that can dry out the mucus membrane of the mouth giving the feel of a film. Try a mouth wash without alcohol.

In brief: Probably alcohol

In brief: Might be

A protective film from either your toothpaste very common and beneficial with colgate "total" or from ur mouthwash.

In brief: Might be

Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Either

Some types of oral rinse has caustic or highly invasive substance to improve its effects.
Also some toothpastes has abrasives that might cause that film . Consider replacing either or both toothpaste and mouth rinses and remember to brush your tongue as well.

In brief: Either

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Shontae Buffington