Just noticed my big toe is numb is it cause it fell asleep? An as of last phyical last year i'm border line diabetic

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Neuropathy
It is possible to get small nerve fiber disease prior to an official diagnosis of diabetes.
May be wise to have an epidermal nerve fiber density test performed. A podiatrist can perform. I would also be interested in knowing if you have any history of low back pain as this can cause the numbness in the big toe.

In brief: Neuropathy
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Arthur Apolinario
In brief: A few possibilities
Numbness from high sugars or diabetes is definitely high on the list based on your past history.
Checking your glucose/sugar again would help determine if this numbness has anything to do with that. Peripheral nerve damage, vitamin deficiency are also possibilities causing the numb toe as well as it "just falling asleep". So the most important thing to do is to get checked by a primary physician.

In brief: A few possibilities
Dr. Arthur Apolinario
Dr. Arthur Apolinario
In brief: Most
Likely the sensory nerve on the top of the foot was injured.
This can happen from a shoe. I doubt one toe would be from diabetes.

In brief: Most
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
In brief: Pinching of nerve
To receive an answer that will be more helpful, you need to give more information.
..Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns. You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better. Also tells us what it looks like. Is it discolored, swollen or point tender. The more you tell the better the answer.

In brief: Pinching of nerve
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Eric Weisman