I had a baby 6 months ago. I tried to breastfeed for 3 months. I still don't have my period. Is this normal? We want tos start on number 2. Can we?

Dr. Sara O'Heron

Because of pregnancy and breast feeding it may take a while for cycles to regulate again.
..This does not mean that you are not ovulating, so it is still possible to conceive without regular menstruation. It may be worthwhile getting your hormone levels checked to rule out any post partum elevations in prolactin that remain or other hormonal abnormalities if you still don't have cycles in few mont.

Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. Cindy Juster