Should i be worried if it dosent make sense to me that something natural like the sun could cause skin cancer?

Pathology

In brief: Please rethink

I'm glad whenever someone gives up the idea that "natural" is good and "artificial" is bad.
Most of the carcinogens we meet in daily life are "natural." strychnine, botulism, ebola, poisonous mushroom, and poisonous snakes are all "natural". An old graveyard attests to the effectiveness of "all-natural healing". Savvy folks take advantage of both nature & technology for the best lives.

In brief: Please rethink

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Clearly proven

Just like tobacco or asbestos, which are two other examples of naturally occurring products that are bad for you, science has convincingly proven that ultraviolet light causes skin cancer.
And unfortunately, this is part of the spectrum of light that's in sunlight.

In brief: Clearly proven

Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology

In brief: Sun

While it is true that life would not exist without the sun, it is equally true that excessive sun leads to skin cancer.

In brief: Sun

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Sorry

The sunlight is uv radiation.
Uv radiation causes dna damage which leads to skin cancer.

In brief: Sorry

The sunlight is uv radiation.