My 17 month old girl has ran a fever 2 nights in a row with a runny nose, what can be wrong with her and should I take her to the e.R. ?

In brief: More info needed

If your child is eating/drinking well, has playful times, and no other problems except the fever and runny nose-try tylenol (acetaminophen) to reduce the fever and make an appointment in the morning.

In brief: More info needed

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Swati Avashia
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: How does she look?

Viral infections are the most common cause of fever and runny nose.
If your child is eating/drinking well and playful, she is probably ok. If she has decreased energy, increased fussiness, decreased oral intake, or worsening symptoms you need to take her in.

In brief: How does she look?

Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Swati Avashia
Dr. Peter Kurzweil