Since becoming pregnant, I seem to be allergic to my cat. My doctor says it will go away after delivery, but I am concerned. Is this common?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
Allergies come and go, and pregnancy can cause an increase or even a decrease in allergy symptoms.
The greater risk with the cat is the infectious risk to the fetus by toxoplasmosis thru feces. Still you are at greater risk of toxoplasmosis from ingestion of undercooked meat than from the cat feces. Just be cautious.....Be good to your fetus, but also be good to your cat.

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Have not heard
I have not had any patients complain of this but pregnancy does make women more sensitive to foods and smells.
It should pass after you deliver.

In brief: Have not heard
It should pass after you deliver.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Adam Levy