I feel like i'm in an elevator. The floor feels like it drops out from under me. I have been under a great feal of stress the past few days.?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Subjective dizziness

There is presently accumulating evidence that the neural pathways for anxiety and balance disorders overlap.
Consulting a neuro-otologist is the most obvious thing to do. Again there is more and more evidence that stress can be associated with balance problems and that treatment for the anxiety can result in resolution of the balance problem. Chronic subjective dizziness is now well documented.

In brief: Subjective dizziness

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Cataplexy?

These symptoms could be consistent with cataplexy.
Feeling as if your legs are giving out - in particular with intense emotion -can occur with narcolepsy. Other potential causes would include: sleep deprivation, dissociative episodes, orthostasis - low blood pressure, neurologic conditions, hyperventilation/anxiety, or even vertigo. Any new meds/supplements/alcohol added or abruptly stopped?

In brief: Cataplexy?

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Arnon Rubin