Since becoming pregnant, my skin has become blotchy. My mom said that it’s a sign of high blood pressure and I should call my doctor. Is this true?

Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Unlikely related

But seeing your physician to get BP checked never a bad idea.
..Good luck.

In brief: Unlikely related

..Good luck.
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Sheila Goodman

In brief: No

Blotchy skin is normally related to some increased fluid in the deeper layers of the skin.
This is the same as what happens when your ankles swell. This is normal in pregnancy since blood vessels dilate and have more fluid leak out into the surrounding tissues. If the swelling happens suddenly or seems severe, that is when you should call your doctor.

In brief: No

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman