I seem to get consistant yeast infections. I am 34 years old. I also was put on birth control pills to help normalize my periods due to inconsistancy?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Yeast
Yeast infections are usually caused by warm, moist environments.
Wearing cotton underwear (or none at night) may help. I recommend avoiding douching or any other rinses, as these can change the acidity of the vagina and cause problems. Your doctor may choose to check you for problems with sugar levels, and sometimes a culture of the yeast can be helpful to make sure treatment is adequate.

In brief: Yeast
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Cynthia Point
In brief: Could be from the OC
Oral contraceptives can increase the vaginal estrogen and can increase your likelihood of getting a yeast infection.
Have you had a culture done? Other things can feel like yeast infection, so having a formal culture done will tell you if it is all yeast or maybe something else.

In brief: Could be from the OC
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Dear Yeast,
Yeast normally lives in your vagina along with normal vaginal bacteria like a ecosystem. If you are diabetic, take antibiotics, overweight, douche too much, pregnant, and many other reasons; you have an overgrowth of yeast.
Make sure your gyn is diagnosing your yeast infections by testing. Some vaginal infections are bacterial and are similar. Some women have normal discharge which is heavy.

In brief: Dear Yeast,
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Jonathan Jassey