Can chiropractic really helpful for lower back pain and neck pain?

In general yes. In general, yes, although there are some contradictory studies out there. The only times i would advise against chiropractic treatment are if there is documented spinal instability, or a fracture or other significant intravertebral pathology, or significant nerve or spinal cord compression/impingement. Consider seeing a doctor for evaluation prior to starting chiropractic treatment.
Yes. Working with a chiropractor is a common conservative treatment option. Check out spine-health.Com.