I have this white thing on the tip of my tougue it looks like a canker sore but its on my tongue?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Please see expert

If there is a growth or spot on the tongue, it definitely needs to be seen by an expert in dentistry or ent.
It might need to be treated. Sadly cancer can occur there so the sooner it is seen, the sooner a diagnosis can be made.

In brief: Please see expert

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
2 comments
Dr. Gregg Albers
This could be a viral infection, a canker sore or coxackie viral ulcer. These resolve in 7-14. However, if you use to tobacco a white lesion could be leukoplakia, a precancerous lesion. Get it checked, or biopsied if it does not heal by itself.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for your input, doctor.
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: That is what it is!

It can still be a canker sore.
Sometimes these develop on the tongue and on the tip. You can also have an inflammed taste bud (pappillae) that is white and painful. Some call these "lie bumps"---no foundation for this! usually resolve on their own. May need a topical anesthetic (anbesol) to help with pain and good oral hygiene. As always, if in doubt, check it out with your pcp or ent.

In brief: That is what it is!

It can still be a canker sore.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dentist can evaluate as well.
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dentistry

In brief: Could be

You can get a canker sore on your tongue.
I would see a dentist to make sure if it does not go away in a week

In brief: Could be

Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Cindy Juster