Is 1% cleocin (clindamycin phosphate) gel effective for treating acne? And should I apply it before or after applying benzoyl peroxide?

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology

In brief: Acne medications

Both Clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide can be effective in the treatment of acne.
I usually recommend using BP in the morning, and Clindamycin at night.

In brief: Acne medications

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. William Santoro

In brief: Not together

Cleocin (clindamycin phosphate) works by reducing the bacterial flora of the face.
Normally used twice a day. I recommend using it once a day if being used with benzyl peroxide, which i would use once a day as well. I would not use one and then apply the other, but rather one product in the morning and the other in the evening. (watch that the BP does not fade the color of your hair or clothing.

In brief: Not together

Dr. William Santoro
Dr. William Santoro
Dr. Marsha Davis