My 7 yr old has been going to a chiropractor to help have more frequemt bowel movements.What r your thoughts?

Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Stop
I would not begrudge you your chiropractic experience; but there is no supportive evidence that i know of to back up the chiropractor and increasing bowel frequency.
If there is a true GI issue here you should first start with your childs' pediatrician and proceed from there.

In brief: Stop
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
2 comments
Dr. George Klauber
In the meantime try MiraLax or Befiber, both harmless and easy to swallow in juice or milk and reduce cheese consuption. cheese fro diet
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Modify your child´s diet. Increase water and reduce juices, teas and milk products. Lots of fruits and veggies. Fruits that start with the latter "P" make you poop.
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Waste of Time
Usually a simple dietary adjustment will work where a chiropractic adjustment is a waste of money for this problem.

In brief: Waste of Time
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Frustration time
I suppose you have tried several things recommended by his/her doc with limited benefit to reach out to a chiropractor. This is a common but often mishandled problem by many.
I would find a developmental pediatrician or a pedi GI person with a support team.These can take a year to fix with the right plan.Most fail because they don't understand why it happens and quit treatment too soon.

In brief: Frustration time
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Second opinion
If your child is going more than 3-4 days or longer between bowel movements, i would seek the advice of a pediatic gastroenterologist.

In brief: Second opinion
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Jonathan Jassey