I have had a cold with lots of liquidy mucus for 10 days now . It feels like a neverending stream of mucus clear and sometimes yellow/ green . ?

Saurabh Bajpai
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Viral -->> bacterial

It seems like you had a viral infection and then eventually went on to get a bacterial one.
Please visit your physician so they can prescribe the proper medication to take care of it.

In brief: Viral -->> bacterial

Saurabh Bajpai
Saurabh Bajpai
Answer assisted by Saurabh Bajpai, Medical Student
Dr. Kristen Stuppy

In brief: Tis the season!

This time of year a runny nose and cough are common, but if it is persisting over 10 days you should touch base with your doctor. I am a big believer in saline rinses to the nose, humidified air overnight, and lots of water to drink.
All this helps clear the mucus. Antibiotics might help if it is a bacterial sinus infection, but often it is not bacterial. No otc meds are recommended.

In brief: Tis the season!

Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Arnon Rubin