What are the causes of canker sore?

Canker sore. Canker sores can be caused by stress, trauma, Vitamin deficiency, hormonal, autoimmune, sensitivity to certain chemicals. A common sensitivity is to SLS, sodium lauryl sulfate, which is common in many toothpastes. Try one without SLS if you have frequent canker sores.
Be sure of diagnosis. Get examined please. Canker sores are common aphthous ulcers of mouth that occur situationally, often in response to stressors, are bacterial or viral, & can be treated topically with many otc products that reduce local discomfort &potentially speed healing. However, oral/dental problems &a number of systemic diseases cause canker sore-like lesions--crohn's, behcet's, STD to mention a few.
Canker sores. Stress, tissue injury, certain foods, impaired immune system; nutritional problems, such as vitamin b-12, may be viral as well if not really canker but cold sore.
Unknown. Any other answer is wishful fantasy.