I've noticed skin irritation on my baby's back, should I have him lie on his side?

Dr. Adam Naddelman
In brief: No
You want your baby always sleeping on his back.
It's okay to do some more tummy time during the awake times, but make sure he goes to sleep on his back. Usually a little over the counter moisturizer on the irritated area twice a day is enough to take care of the problem, but if it persists, it may be worth having your physician examine him.

In brief: No
Dr. Adam Naddelman
Dr. Adam Naddelman
Dr. Pamela Lindor
In brief: No
Your baby should always sleep on his/her back.
You can put him on his stomach for playtime, and while he is awake and with you. If the skin irritation on his back does not get better, so seems to be itchy or painful, consult your pediatrician.

In brief: No
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Shontae Buffington