Can hidradenitis be completely eradicated? If so, how ?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Hidradenitis
Hidradenitis responds very well to the new class of drugs called biologics.
Biologics include enbrel, Humira and remicade (infliximab). A patient with hidradenitis for 30 years was placed on Enbrel and she has had no new lesions on 3 years. The problem is that the medication is off label and very expensive. I had to write a letter to the insurance company so it would be covered.

In brief: Hidradenitis
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Ekizian
In brief: In some patients
Combined medical and surgical strategies can eliminate existing lesions and prevent development of new lesions.
Therefore, control and even cure of hs is possible. The degree of intervention is determined by disease intensity. Cure is less likely if the disease is extensive. Prolonged remission may be achieved with unroofing or wide surgical excision combined with preventive measures.

In brief: In some patients
Dr. Michael Ekizian
Dr. Michael Ekizian