What medicine is it safe to give my baby for itchy eyes?

No. Consult your pediatrician before using over the counter allergy medicines or eye drops. Itchy eyes are often a sign of allergy, but there many be other issues as well. If your child is having a hard time sleeping or constant irritation, your doctor may prescribe some mild allergy medications at a very specific dose based on your baby's weight.
Depends on age. For infants less than 6 months i will recommend that your care provider checks your baby to recommend appropriate care. Cool compresses to the eyes may help relieve itching. Several antihistamines, like Diphenhydramine are available OTC for infants over 6 months but the dosing can be tricky and will encourage that you review any medication intended for your infant with your pcp before use.