When I woke up I felt like a large pics of sleep in my eye and the my eye started to hurt and water for like a hour?

Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology
In brief: Crusty in eyes
Many people have crusting of their lashes when they wake up in the morning and may even cause the eyes to feel stuck together. The best way to free up the crusty material is with warm compresses.
Others will turn their eyes up to the shower water to wash off the material. It sounds like some of the material fell in to your eye causing the tearing.

In brief: Crusty in eyes
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Joseph Selem
Ophthalmology
In brief: Cornea abrasion
You may have scratch your eye in your sleep and caused a cornea abrasion.
You should go see your ophthalmologist to evaluate.

In brief: Cornea abrasion
Dr. Joseph Selem
Dr. Joseph Selem
Dr. William Forsythe