What preventitive methods can I use to avoid yeast and bacterial v aginosis? I get them easy

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
In brief: Prevent Infection
The vagina has a specific environment (ph) and if that is altered, infections develop.
Do not douche. In fact, do not use any soaps/body washes in or near your vagina. Wear cotton underwear, preferablly not thongs, since one mode of infection is bacteria from the anus traveling to the vagina. Also, for hygeine, wipe front to back after using the toilet. A healthy diet is also crucial.

In brief: Prevent Infection
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nicole Bullock
For my patients that are prone to recurrent yeast or BV infections, I also recommend taking pro-biotics and cutting sugar from the diet. Avoid bubble baths (because of the harsh soaps). Sometimes you need a longer course of treatment or a different medication to break the cycle. Talk to your doctor about that.
Dr. Steven Seres