Do cosmetic products, for example moisturizers, contain dangerous chemicals? If so, what kind of moisturizer should one use, if any? What to avoid?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi

In brief: Controversial

There's many chemicals in our products, & though fda approved them in small doses, we are using them daily, large amounts, & in combinations, so the toxic effects are cumulative.
Website about this info is ewg.Org/skindeep. The short list: avoid parabens, pthalates, sulfates, bha&bht, & sodium lauryl sulfate. You need a moisturizer that's suitable for your skin's needs. I like organicjojobaoil.

In brief: Controversial

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
There are many product lines that avoid the chemicals listed above, one of the one's I like is Eminence. Once you determine what kind of skin you have, match a moisturizer to suit your needs.
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Anything can be

Any chemical when used too often or in quantities that are too great, may cause untoward reactions.
Your skin absorbs most any compound, just as your body does when you feed it.Ttreat it similarly in that respect. Eating too many processed foods is not good for you, nor is slathering your skin with unecessary chemicals. They may be good for treating a problem, but then you want to take a break.

In brief: Anything can be

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville