If my glands r swollen on the back of my tongue but it is not red or swollen should I be worried?Also I just started my period could it be from stress

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Vallate papillae

Tonsils are in the back of the throat-these are lymph nodes, "glands".
Back of the tongue has lumpy bumps-vallate papillae. These are a normal part of the tongue. Towards the front and sides are the lingual papillae: taste buds. If that is what you mean, then don't worry. Never noticed them before? Probably never looked in mirror so close. Any qs c md; doubtful lymphoma, ca.

In brief: Vallate papillae

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Nice answer!
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: Probably not

The glands on the back of your tongue are usually taste buds.
They can appear to change size normally but since you say they aren't inflamed or sore, i would leave it alone for a few days and then re-evaluate.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch