What are some of the best over-the-counter acne products that you recommend?

Benzoyl peroxide. For treatment of acne, any brand of over-the-counter Benzoyl Peroxide Gel or cream is quite helpful. An acne "wash" is not needed. If desired, a doctor can add an antibiotic gel or cream such as Cleocin (clindamycin phosphate) gel. If more help is needed, prescription retinoids such as Retin-A or differin gel can be used instead of benzoyl peroxide. Oral antibiotics such as tetracycline can be used also.
Acne tx. Otc treatment for acne is limited. At least use any with benzoil peroxide. Keep face without grease or oil. Some pts like proactiv. Dr will add a topical or oral antibiotic like Erythromycin or tetracyclines besides he use of retin-a. I personally like acnomel ( made of sulfuric compounds) to dry the pimples and helps as make up at night. Consider hormones:danazol. In girls ?Estrogen/progesterone.