I think I have social anxiety disorder. How should I approach seeking help?

Dr. Byron Law-Yone
In brief: Have an open mind,
Both therapy and medications can help.
Medications known as ssris like prozac, zoloft, Paxil (paroxetine) can help. Meds like xanax, Klonopin should be used for a short periods as there is risks of tolerance and addiction with this class of meds. Cognitive therapy ia time limited therapy helps you understand the way you think and how you may be developing inaccurate beliefs about your self and your world.

In brief: Have an open mind,
Both therapy and medications can help.
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Byron Law-Yone
Dr. Leonard Lado
In brief: Social anxiety
You just started! you overcame the stigma.
The second phase is professional confirmation of your condition and make sure there are no other medical problems that mimic or provoke it such as menieres disease. A condition of the middle ear that causes dizziness more frequent in public places where head movement is frequent to track people and objects. Lastly the actual treatment of meds and therapy.

In brief: Social anxiety
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Social Anxiety Dis.
Consult with a psychoterapist for possible behavioral therapy.

In brief: Social Anxiety Dis.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: See a psychiatrist
A psychiatrist can make the diagnosis &prescribe appropriate treatment.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey