Is my sons clonus more likley to be related to his CP or grade 4 ivh with pvl. ?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Cerebral palsy
Ivh occurs in prematures, then resolves.
Pvl is the result of changes in the brain due to prematurity. Cerebral palsy is a clinical diagnosis which includes spasticity and the ability to elicit clonus. This is often the result of events associated with prematurity. Clonus is a clinical finding that can be seen in normal children, but is more common in children with cerebral palsy.

In brief: Cerebral palsy
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
In brief: Cause/effect/symptom
My best answer is to segregate the terms you used into cause: (the hemorrhage) that produced: damage (injured neural pathways)that we call: "cerebral palsy" and the symptom: "clonus" that is caused by having injured neural pathways.
So the hemorrhage does the damage, pvl is also damage related to injury & all this produces clonus. CP is just a term that lumps all the symptoms together in one name.

In brief: Cause/effect/symptom
Dr. Indu Lal
In brief: May be both
Clonus can be due to either or. Ivh w/pvl can cause cp.

In brief: May be both
Dr. Indu Lal
Dr. Indu Lal