My daughter 16 is a hogkins lymphoma survivor of 2 yrs. Had a CT and it says relative stranding on right side of neck. What does this mean?

Dr. Merry Jennifer Markham
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Unclear
If your daughter has had treatment, she has most likely had other ct scans since completing therapy.
The scan should be compared to prior scans to look for new findings. Discuss this finding with her oncologist to find out for sure what he/she believes this means.

In brief: Unclear
Dr. Merry Jennifer Markham
Dr. Merry Jennifer Markham
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology
In brief: Please compare to
Older ct scans. It very well may be changes related to her treatment.
Please make sure the current ct has been compared to any older scans, and discuss your concerns with her oncologist. Ask them what they think it means.

In brief: Please compare to
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
"Stranding" means the fat looks more like scar...common if she had XRT on one side. I agree that you should discuss the report with your doctors.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey