My baby has itchy eyes and continues to rub them. Does this mean that she has allergies?

Maybe. Smaller babies rub their eyes and ears when tired and close to sleep time. Dryness of the skin around the eyes can be another reason why your child may itch her eyes. An of course environmental allergens are another common reason. Other symptoms you may see with environmental allergies are watery eyes, itchy nose, nasal congestion and sneezing (for older kids).
Maybe. Itchy eyes are a very common allergy sign. Infants can sometimes rub their eyes when they are tired as well. If you see other signs of allergy, such as sneezing, runny nose and tearing of the eyes, consult your doctor. If the whites of your baby's eyes become very red, or if there is a thick mucous discharge, call your pediatrician (this may be a sign of infection).
No not necessararily. All that itches is not allergies! although allergies are a common reason for itchy eyes, there are other potential reasons for the itchiness. When a child has persistent symptoms it is best to have him or her evaluated to be sure and then proceed from there. The need for evaluation is particularly important if there is drainage, redness around the eyes or other worrisome symptoms.