I hated to get vaccines when I was a child, what would be the consequences if I don't get my baby vaccinated?

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
In brief: Illness, maybe death
Children who aren't vaccinated are at risk for contracting these preventable diseases, some of which can be fatal.
Pertussis, measles, meningitis, and other illnesses can kill, and i've seen fatal cases of these diseases in kids who were not immunized. Despite what you read on the internet, there is no proven association between vaccines and autism. Do your baby a big favor and get her immunized.

In brief: Illness, maybe death
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Gregg Alexander
In brief: Higher risks
People forget that there is no "risk-free" choice.
Shots aren't risk free, but the only option is to remain at risk for all the really bad illnesses from which shots can help protect your child. Not that long ago, everyone knew how bad such diseases as tb, polio, mumps, measles, etc. Could be. Many have forgotten since vaccines have been so effective. Shots = low risk. No shots = much higher risk.

In brief: Higher risks
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Gregg Alexander
In brief: Disease, Disability
Without vaccines, a child can catch serious infections, and thus suffer disease, disability, and/or death.
Measles causes deafness and brain damage. Polio causes paralysis of the legs. Rubella causes birth defects. Pneumococcus and hemophilus cause meningitis and brain damage. Rotavirus causes diarrhea & dehydration. Hepatitis b causes jaundice and liver failure.

In brief: Disease, Disability
Dr. Ira Katz
Your child could also be denied access to public and private schools, camps, etc.
Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Potentially severe
Infectious diseases of childhood can be very severe, even fatal.
Vaccines provide the best protection. Today children still die from diseases like meningitis, pneumonia, and even whooping cough. Even diseases like measles, mumps, and rubella still occur and sometimes cause permanent neurologic damage. Vaccines are safe and well tolerated. What's some minor discomfort compared to those risks?

In brief: Potentially severe
Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: Brain damage/death
The diseases we protect against with vaccines are very real, very present and very deadly.
If you hated shots as a child you can imagine the number of times a kid with a ventricular shunt as a result of hib meningitis gets needles over the rest of his life as they check the shunt in his head regularly.

In brief: Brain damage/death
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Horrible Consequence
I did not like shots then and I do not like them now.
But-- i liked chicken pox and measles even less. And that does not mention the flu. Over the years I have had patients die from influenza, Hib disease and pneumcoccal infection, all of which are preventable with current vaccines. The pain of injections is trivial with the risk of serious damage from preventable disease. Do not hesitate.

In brief: Horrible Consequence
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: Severe illness
Most of us healthcare providers don't care for getting shots either! however, vaccines help to prevent children from being susceptible to life-threatening complications from both common and uncommon infections.
They have helped to minimize death in a large number of children and also reduce the incidence of scary diseases such as meningitis that can leave your baby brain damaged.

In brief: Severe illness
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Paul Trani
In brief: Disease
Whooping cough cases are surging in the US because babies aren't getting vaccinated.
Whooping cough is a bacterial illness called the "100-day cough" in China. Babies who get whooping cough often die of asphyxia and pneumonia. That's just one of the diseases that the vaccines aimed at babies prevent. So ask yourself: do you want whooping cough or a small, dead, non-mercury containing vaccine?

In brief: Disease
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Paul Trani
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: Potential for death
Not getting vaccinated has the potential for death.
I hated eating my veggies when i was a child too... Try finding a pediatrician skilled in hypnosis to make the proceedure more comfortable.

In brief: Potential for death
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Cindy Juster