Should alcohol infect my tongue piercing?

In brief: Alcohol is not

likley to infect your piercing.
BUT if your piercing is new - it certainly may cause you pain.

In brief: Alcohol is not

likley to infect your piercing.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Alcohol

Alcohol does not cause infection.
It actually kills bacteria. If new, alcohol can cause pain by irritating surgeries tissue. Please drink responsibly. And know tongue piercing increases risk of damage to tongue, gums, and teeth.

In brief: Alcohol

Alcohol does not cause infection.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Charles Emrich
Dentistry

In brief: No but...

I recomend to remove the piercing because research tells us one out of three will have a serious fracture of a tooth resulting in a lost tooth or worse.
Infections can move thru the planes to access the heart covering. After you know the risks and want the piercing be aware of any infection and take action immediately....

In brief: No but...

Dr. Charles Emrich
Dr. Charles Emrich