I broke four bones in my foot and a dislocationit was treated with surgery and plates and screws. Will it be healed in six weeks enough to race my dir?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Probably Not
While bones generally heal in 4-6 weeks time, it sounds like you sustained a fairly significant injury and there will be still healing of the soft tissues and strengthening of the bone.
I would suggest also speaking with the surgeon who repaired your injuries for a more complete picture of healing time frame.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Ask your orthopedist
Your surgeon just got up close and personal with your foot.
Ask him/her to give you an estimate of when you are able to walk, run, race.

In brief: Ask your orthopedist
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
In brief: I do not think
So. Pay attention, this is your leg you will have to use it for a life time.
Listen to the orthopedic surgeon. You will have to have physical therapy first. I believe it will take good three months until full recovery. Lucky ur young...

In brief: I do not think
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Dr. Gabriel Goren
In brief: Fracture
Your best source of information is your surgeon - he / she has the x rays and knows you and your case best .
Good luck.

In brief: Fracture
Good luck.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery