I had an ankle fracture/dislocation 10 years ago, and had surgery to reduce, fixed with a series of screws. My ankle is now frequenlty warm and itchy.?

In brief: Probably

Not related to previous surgery.
If the ankle becomes painful see your orthopod..

In brief: Probably

Not related to previous surgery.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Ankle arthritis

There are a number of issues that can playing a role from metal allergies (rare), to nerve damage, to ankle arthritis becoming more problematic.

In brief: Ankle arthritis

Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Nickel allergy?

If you have a history of contact allergy to nickel which often causes a rash where jewelry touches your skin, you may have a similar kind of reaction to metal containing implants such as the screws and plates used for internal fixation of fractures.
A patch test for nickel and/ or cobalt allergy can be done to help confirm this possibility.

In brief: Nickel allergy?

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery