Could general anesthetic before my wisdom teeth surgery make me throw up?

Dr. John Wilson
Anesthesiology

In brief: Might

Post op nausea and vomitting can be as high as 40%.
Different medications increase risk. 4 big risks are: female, non- smoker, using narcotics post op and having ponv before. Pretreating with antiemetics and altering maintenance drugs can reduce risk by 77%.

In brief: Might

Dr. John Wilson
Dr. John Wilson
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Anesthesiology

In brief: PONV

Post operation nausea and vomiting appears because of narcotics given during surgery, or in recovery, to alleviate the pain after surgery.
Females have more risks then men, obese latine women are at more risk, the ones having that before, or the ones that experienced motion sickness. If you smoke the risk is lower.

In brief: PONV

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. David Sherer
Anesthesiology

In brief: Maybe

It could, but if you are prone to nausea, ask your doctor to give an antiemetic before.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Sherer
Dr. David Sherer
Dr. Peter Kurzweil