I have been throwing up non-stop for 24 hours. Not pregnant. No other symptoms. Huge migraine, shaking and dizzy. What can I do? Took zofran (ondansetron).

Saurabh Bajpai
Emergency Medicine

In brief: See a physican ASAP

If you have been throwing up continuously for 24 hours, you need to see a physician quickly to find the underlying cause.
Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and get electrolytes in you as well. Fluid solution with sugar & slight salt will help you retain more water in your system. Store bought gatorade will also do the trick. Hope you feel better soon. Go to the er and get help.

In brief: See a physican ASAP

Saurabh Bajpai
Saurabh Bajpai
Answer assisted by Saurabh Bajpai, Medical Student
Dr. Ghiath Kashlan

In brief: Need IV

I would recommend going to an urgent care or the ed.
If you can't hold any fluids and you've been vomiting for 24hrs this will put you at risk for dehydration. You will be given IV fluids and more effective migraine treatment that will take care of your migraine and vomiting. Some doctors would provide ivs and injectables in their offices that would spare you the trip.

In brief: Need IV

Dr. Ghiath Kashlan
Dr. Ghiath Kashlan
Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Go to ER

These are some of the possible warning signs of a stroke.
Go to the er now.

In brief: Go to ER

Go to the er now.
Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Dr. Vikram Patel