I have been noticing lately that become short of breath after a large meal. It feels like my stomach is pushing on my lungs. Hiatal hernia?

In brief: Possibly
Could be a hiatal hernia, but could also be normal.
As your stomach fills up, there is less room for your lungs to push down to inflate, so your feeling like stomach pushing on lungs is correct. Easiest way to fix is not eat large meals. Maybe more frequent, smaller meals.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Also daily exercise and weight loss if overweight or obese will be helpful
Dr. David Hicks
In brief: It is possible
Having these symptoms after eating a large meal may be caused by the type of food eaten and the time it took to consume the food.
Bloating occurs with excessive carb intake and rapid eating and the stomach may produce excess gass and mechanically slow down . A hiatal hernia can give similar symptoms but it may give symptoms with every meal as well such as reflux. Take time and chew the food well.

In brief: It is possible
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery