Have your patients been able to lower blood pressure using the resperate device? I'm 6 mo. In on sleep apnea treatment - hoping to see BP improvement.

Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Yes over time
Sleep apnea does contribute to harder to control blood pressure.
The longer you're using your CPAP there usually is improvement in terms of blood pressure control. Weight loss is also a contributing factor that helps since as you sleep better, you're more energetic, less dependent on natural Adrenalin to keep you going and less likely to crave cards and sugars for a quick energy boost.

In brief: Yes over time
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Sherin Ibrahim Howett
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Neurology
In brief: Htn with sleep apnea
Most of my patient who have sleep apnea respond to CPAP and lower the bp--but if long standing disorder set your adrenergic tone on high, you may not get that response--in general hypertension get easier managed the longer you use the machine, unless there is other hypertension genes or renal causes among other seconday causes of htn.

In brief: Htn with sleep apnea
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. Eric Weisman