18 years ago, I had a bad reaction after taking asprin. I was told never to take it again. Do you agree or can I try in a doctor's office setting?

Dr. Luis Matos
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Don't ever take ASA!
There are 2 types of severe allergic reactions to aspirin.
Rhinosinusitis-asthma (r-a) and urticaria-anaphylaxis (u-a). R-a reactions start off with pouring runny nose, nasal blockage, shortness of breath and severe asthma. This one is associated with nasal polyps and is also triggered by ibuprofen, Naproxen and other nsaids. U-a reactions are itchy hives alone or progress to anaphylactic shock.

In brief: Don't ever take ASA!
Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Gary Steven
In brief: More info needed
It depends what your " bad" reaction was.

In brief: More info needed
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Claude Parola
In brief: What kind?
What kind of reaction did you have? If it was an anaphylactic reaction, i would suggest never to take it again.

In brief: What kind?
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Adam Smith