What is the dose for ethidium bromide that can produce cancer ? 2 days ago I swallow .

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Ethidium bromide

Most use of ethidium bromide in the lab (0.
25–1 microgram/ml) is below the level required for toxicity. The level is high enough that exposure may interfere with replication of mitochondrial dna in some human cell lines, although the implications of that are not clear. Testing in humans would be required to fully understand the potential risk to lab workers —> reference.

In brief: Ethidium bromide

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
4 comments
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
—> National Toxicology Program (August 15, 2005). "Executive Summary Ethidium Bromide: Evidence for Possible Carcinogenic Activity"
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
contact your doc or emergency department to have them check with national poison control system, which can give you more specific information about ethidium bromide
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Go to ER

I strongly suggest you go to an emergency room just to be sure, especially if this was an attempt to harm yourself.

In brief: Go to ER

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
I do not know. I have no further information on that compound. You will have to go to an emergency room to get more information about it.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil