In 1994, I had a bad reaction after taking two Bayer (aspirin) asprin. I was told never to take asprin again, which I haven't. Do you agree?...Never again.

Garrett Caldwell
In brief: Agree
If you had a bad reaction to a drug in the past, you should not take the drug again.
If you had a slight reaction that lead to any trouble breathing you should make sure you do not take the drug. The severe form of any allergic reaction is anaphylaxis, where the throat swells closed and you can not breath.

In brief: Agree
Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See an allergist
A detailed history should be obtained to understand what happened and clarify the patients history.
While in general, a suspected drug that caused a reaction should be avoided in the future, depending upon the drug and a patients medical condition, the drug in question could be used again but only under the advice and treatment recomm of allergist. Always consult with your pcp

In brief: See an allergist
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Lea Danielsen
In brief: Probably agree
I would talk to your doctor now about the reaction you had then, and what the benefit you have of taking Aspirin now.
I certainly wouldn't consider taking Aspirin again without someone who knows the full situation considering it. If it was a true immediate reaction to a medication then you definitely wouldn't try it again. Your doctor can help you decide.

In brief: Probably agree
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Adam Smith