How contagious is croup?

LIke a common cold. Croup is caused by a virus and is contagious. To put it in perspective, it is as contagious as a common cold. Good hand washing with soap and water or with hand-gel will decrease the risk of transmission.
Contagious. Croup caused by virus spread with air droplets.Signs of respiratory infection, such as a runny nose or cough.Barking noise or stridor from swelling in airway /larynx.Croup lasts five or six days and highly contagious in children between the ages of 3 months and 6 years (the average age is 2 years),Adults can become infected with same virus that caused their child’s croup usually less symptoms.
Very. Transmitted by direct contact and respiratory droplets.