Is there a way to shrink or keep my breast from growing without surgery? I am only 19, 5'8" and 150lbs with 36d and they hurt my back.

Dr. Lea Danielsen
In brief: Keep weight down
There isn't anything other than surgery we can do for breast smaller or larger than we would choose.
If you gain weight your breasts will also grow proportionately. Otherwise if you are at full maturity your breasts shouldn't grow more. In general, insurance covers a breast reduction for back pain but only if you are not overweight.

In brief: Keep weight down
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Nothing really helps if your are geneticly predisposed to having large breasts except a surgical reduction. Sorry.
Dr. Mark Labowe
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not really
Breast reduction surgery is safe, effective, and usually extremely easy to recover from. Most breast reduction patients are extremely happy and are sorry they did not have the surgery sooner.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Mark Labowe
Dr. Mark Labowe
Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
Sorry, but, to my knowledge, there is no way to prevent breast growth other than maintaining your normal weight.
Breast reduction surgery may be an option for you, but I am sure you know that. Good luck, and sorry the answer was not more positive.

In brief: No
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Unfortunately not
No other way other than surgery.
Liposuction is sometimes a good option.

In brief: Unfortunately not
No other way other than surgery.
Liposuction is sometimes a good option.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
Surgery is the only way to shrink breasts. Sorry!

In brief: No
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Robert Stroup
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
Your breasts should be done developing by now.
Certain medications (hormones)and weight gain can make them bigger. Sometimes weight loss can make them smaller. Otherwise, you have what you have, and only surgery will help.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
Weight loss may help them shrink a little.

In brief: No
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Nothing
Weight loss may help your breasts get smaller. There is no other way except breast reduction surgery.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Mario Diana
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Avoid BC pills
Keep weight under control and avoid birth control pills or other artificial hormones.
Eat organic and limit intake of meats and dairy.

In brief: Avoid BC pills
Dr. Mario Diana
Dr. Mario Diana
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Weight loss
Weight loss is the most effective way to reduce breast size non surgical reduction in breast size.
Although hormone receptor blockers are commonly used for breast cancer, their use is not advised for breast reduction. Liposuction has been used for minimal scar breast reduction but will not achieve a breast lift for more severe forms.

In brief: Weight loss
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Not really but
I would try to stick to organic dairy products to avoid excess hormones bpa containing plastics.
Also. Try to find bras that transfer weight to your lower chest/ upper abdomennd keep your weight as close to ideal as you can. O/w breast reduction is your only option.

In brief: Not really but
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery