Im on the Depo-Provera provera (medroxyprogesterone) since decemeber and I missed a period what should I do?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Common
It is very common for women on Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) to have changes in their menstrual cycle.
In fact, over half of women stop getting their period altogether after a year of use. Since Depo-Provera is an extremely effective method of contraception, your chances of pregnancy are low. If you want to be sure, you can take a home pregnancy test.

In brief: Common
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Lea Danielsen
In brief: Normal
It is normal for bleeding to be erratic on Depo-Provera provera.
The longer you take it the more likely you will go long periods without bleeding, and many stop having periods altogether. While, on Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) it is absolutely nothing to worry about.

In brief: Normal
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Jane Van Dis