Bilateral hand tremor in a 3yo. How should this be evaluated?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Rare
I do not believe that most family physicians and pediatricians would be comfortable diagnosing a 3 year old with this symptom. Certainly we would evaluate and give an opinion but would more than likely as you to be seen by a pediatric neurologist.
There isn't one of them hanging on every tree so a referral to a children's hospital or referral center would likely be necessary unless in big city.

In brief: Rare
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Osman Farooq
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Tremor
Hand tremor can occur due to many reasons.
It can commonly occur when kids get overstimulated or excited. A good screening test would be an eeg. If there is anything that you can do to make your child have this hand tremor, then try to have him do it during the eeg.

In brief: Tremor
Dr. Osman Farooq
Dr. Osman Farooq