My back teeth hurt so incredibly bad. My whole right side of my face hurts, I get severe migrains, my temporal area/ ear hurts. What its happening?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi

In brief: Evaluate Immediately

There are a few reasons you may be having these symptoms.
A thorough evaluation is needed to determine the cause. If the tooth is the primary source of pain, it may be possible that you have developed an infection which is affecting the nerves in your face leading to pain. However, there are other diagnosis that need to be considered with these symptoms, and a trip to the doctor is recommended.

In brief: Evaluate Immediately

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Tooth infection

If its tooth related, you may have an infection.
Please see a dentist asap. Sometimes dental pain can radiate all over your face, perhaps even trigger a migraine. Feel better.

In brief: Tooth infection

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Garrett Caldwell

In brief: A number of things

The symptoms you describe may come from dental causes such as a cavity or an abscessed tooth.
But mastoiditis, TMJ syndrome, trigeminal neuralgia (referred along cn v) or migraine type pain referred in the distribution of cranial nerves vii, ix, or x could all be the cause the pain you describe.

In brief: A number of things

Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Infection

Dental infection. See DDS or oral surgeon today.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia